Tuesday 20 October 2009

Radio Evaluation

Evaluation

Our task was to create 3 radio jingles for different shows on the SNC radio station these were:
· A News program intro.
· A personal show promo.
· Ident for SNC radio.


For me to do this task I firstly had to plan what sort of style my jingles would be. As it was for a college radio I decided to go for a radio 1 type of theme and have very modern but up to date music. I found this fairly easy as all I needed to do was record the music of the internet. After doing so I went to edit my music and add in speech. The program I used was on the apple Mac’s called Abode, Sound booth. I found this software fairly easy to use even though it had been my first time of using this type of program.

I made all of the three jingles that we were asked to do. Some of them I was happier with than others, one of them which were for the station ident as it was more creative in the vocals as I recorded lots of people saying the words “SNC Live”, in total I had about eight people talking on the recoding. I separated them out but put them into a flowing stream of voices that were both female and male to show that the station was not sexist, I then put a music track underneath but this has different up beat and lively tracks. One bad point was that it seemed to last a bit to long so the listeners could get bored.

The next jingle that I was happy about was the news jingle as I took a well know tune for the beginning of a news program and put an up beat track over the top to seem more appealing to the audience and to sound more modern also to discuss the well known title track but it seemed to not work and people realised what it was so if it was prod cast it would be seen as plagiarism.

The one jingle that I was least happy about was my program promo, this was because it was very long but also seemed too jumpy instead of flowing between the different tracks so their was sudden songs starting when other songs hadn’t finished so listeners could find it confusing.one good point about it was at the start I have an intro for people listening so that they can tell when it is starting and it catches the audiences attention as well.

Over all the software that I used for my project to edit these indents and create them was a very easy program to use as I was able to see all the tracks I was using and was able to edit them individually and then put them into a time line of tracks and see what ones I had over lapping or over the other tracks it also meant that I could easily adjust the volume levels of the different tracks to make them heard easily, I was also able to change how big the files where and their quality to make it easy for the listener to have a better quality with no interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment